A month on another continent will inevitably make you compare what's better than, and not as good as, what you're used to. Here's some of our thoughts...
Things Europe has a lock on:
- history and tradition
- buildings and architecture
- gorgeous and plentiful statues
- speed and efficiency of the metro and public transportation
- toilet flushing uniqueness, and usually effectiveness
- food quality overall, especially cheese, breads and bakery goods... oh, and cappuccinos, and beer!
Areas they should improve upon:
- pillows in hotels
- smoking... anywhere, anytime.
- pushy people- it's not a personal space violation, it's just being rude
- hold the door open for each other, and maybe make an interpersonal interaction, it won't kill you
- being aware that they should improve in certain areas, and not just stating that it's done that way because that's the way it's always been done